Since the construction of the main dome has begun, there is an increased risk of falling debris.
All site visitors, both pilgrims and Mayapur residents, should proceed with caution and MUST be accompanied by a ToVP staff member.
ToVP dome has the greatest height and width compared to other domes worldwide
Raising Lord Chaitanya’s temple by the hands of every devotee...
- Srila Prabhupada's most dear and ambitious project was to build the TOVP.
- On Bhaktisiddhantha's appearance day, Srila Prabhupada in his lecture personally requested his disciples to endeavor to make this temple happen, and while speaking his voice became choked up.
- TOVP is not building another preaching center, but actually Mahaprabhu's home. We have a chance to participate in inviting Mahaprabhu to this beautiful temple.
- $45 million is approx. 300,000 sq feet at $150 per sq foot. If 200 temples worldwide were to participate in this campaign, it would average out to 1500 sq feet per temple. If all temples could enthusiastically take this responsibility, then this campaign will be successful.
- 2016 is the 50th anniversary of ISKCON and we would like to have all the money we require to complete the temple which is approx. $45 million and offer this to Srila Prabhupada as our collective Guru Dakshin to him, as gratitude for giving us this wonderful ISKCON society for the last 50 years.
SRILA PRABHUPADA QUOTES ABOUT TOVP
What did Srila Prabhupada say about ToVP?
My idea is to attract people of the whole world to Mayapur.
26/6/1976 NEW VRINDAVANA - JAYAPATAKA MAHARAJA
Now here in India we are constructing a very large Vedic Planetarium...within the planetarium we will construct a huge, detailed model of the universe as described in the text of the fifth canto of Srimad Bhagavatam. Within the planetarium the model will be studied by onlookers from different levels by use of escalators. Detailed information will be given on open verandahs at the different levels by means of dioramas, charts, films etc.
...We shall show the Vedic conception of planetary system within this material world and above the material world…We are going to exhibit the Vedic culture throughout the whole world, and they’ll come here.
27/2/1976 MAYAPUR – MORNING WALK
Now you all together make this Vedic Planetarium very nice, so that people will come and see. From the description of the Srmad-Bhagavatam, you prepare this Vedic Planetarium.
15/6/1976 DETROIT – CONVERSATION IN SRILA PRABHUPADA'S ROOM
And we have asked government to give us 350 acres of land in Mayapur to construct Vedic Planetarium, 350 feet high. It will require eight crores of rupees minimum. I shall exhibit there all the planetary system, bhurloka, Goloka...
12/4/1976 BOMBAY – MORNING WALK
Sources (of funds) means we get contributions from all over the world. All of our branches will gladly contribute. Practically this institution is the real U.N. We have the co-operation from all nations, all religions, all communities, etc. It will be an international institute. To see the Planetarium and how things are universally situated has nothing to do with sectarian ideas. It is a scientific presentation of spiritual life.
6/6/1976 NEW VRINDAVANA – JAYAPATAKA MAHARAJA
We are going to have a very big project at Mayapur. We have to acquire 350 acres of land from the Government and construct a spiritual town... The plans and contemplations are going on in different phases, now when Caitanya Mahaprabhu will be pleased it will be taken up.
26/8/1976 NEW DELHI – DINESH CANDRA SARKAR
Actually it will be an unique thing in the world. There is no such thing all over the world. That we shall do. And not only simply showing museum, but educating people to that idea.
27/2/1976 MAYAPUR – MORNING WALK
Yes, we shall personally supervise everything there at Mayapur, instead of giving everything to contractor. The engineer may simply see that things are being done properly and we shall see that the labor is working properly. Purchase first-class building materials, then there will be first-class building.
17/5/1972 LOS ANGELES – JAYAPATAKA MAHARAJA